Do's and Don'ts of Members :.
DO'S FOR A MEMBER:
- While joining an establishment, furnish
details of previous employment if any, with
previous Provident Fund a/c number and scheme
- In case of existing Provident Fund/ Pension
a/c, apply for transfer of previous a/c number
to the present a/c number.
- Ensure that employee furnishes form with
details of previous Provident Fund a/c no. to
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation.
- Execute form-2, in details of self, nominee
for Provident Fund and pension and details of
family and see that it is forwarded to
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation by the
- Ensure that particulars furnished are
correct in all respects.
- Ensure that enrolment to Employees'
Provident Fund/ Employees' Pension Scheme is
done immediately on joining the establishment.
- Provident Fund is deducted at statutory rate
from the total wages i.e. basic, D.A. and
retaining allowance if any.
- If desirous of enhancing rate of
contribution, inform the desire with the higher
rate opted for to Employees' Provident Fund
Organisation through employer and allow employer
to deduct at enhanced rate from the wages.
- If the wages drawn is more than Rs. 6500/-,
intimate your desire to contribute on the whole
amount to Employees' Provident Fund Organisation
through employer. Employer can also contribute
on the whole amount drawn as wages under
intimation to Employees' Provident Fund
- Check up periodically with the employer that
contribution and other charges are paid to
Employees' Provident Fund Organisation and
ensure it's correctness by verifying the form-3A
(contribution card) maintained by the employer.
DON'TS FOR A MEMBER:
- Don't give false clarification and incorrect
particulars to Employer and Employees Provident
- Don't fall victim to middlemen/ agents.
Employees' Provident Fund Organization does not
have any agent.
- Don't allow Employer to deduct his own share
of contribution or administrative charges
payable by him from the wages.
- Don't be a party to misclassified
allowances, with a view to avoid payment of